For Spring Break, we took the kids on the HSR (High Speed Rail) train down to Kaohsiung for a 4-day weekend. In Taipei there is a famous landmark, the Grand Hotel (which we will stay at before we move). Anyway, it has a sister hotel in Kaohsiung so that's where we decided to stay. I felt like an early colonialist discovering old China, it was really cool.
The picture on the left (is my favorite) is a side-view of the hotel and some of it's landscaping. I love how they manicure the trees to look like boxes. The picture on the right is a shot of the front. However, standing at the edge of the hotel grounds I still couldn't fit the whole building in, it is pretty big.
Chinese people are very religious and there are literally Chinese temples on almost every corner. We found this tiny one out on the hotel grounds. It is a good reminder to me to keep my faith a part of my daily life.
Some of the detailed painting on our balcony.
This shot we took from Crystal Clear Lake and it is the back view of the hotel. Now you can kind of get a feel for how big it is. I also have to mention we ate breakfast at their "Western" restaurant each morning. However, don't let the name fool you. The only thing Western about it, was that the food was served buffet style. 99% of the dishes were Eastern though. I wish I had taken pictures of some of them, but I didn't want to look like an Ugly American, so I didn't. I'll just leave you with the thought of octopus tentacles in a beautiful silver warming dish- yum!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment