Monday, August 31, 2009

Last day of Summer Blues


The kids go back to school tomorrow, so sad and exciting. I'm really going to miss having them with me all day, and they are extremely nervous about going to a new school. We went to orientation this past week and their new school is so cute, even its name is right out of a storybook. I know they'll make new friends and have a great year with their new teachers, but of course it will take some adjusting time.
I had big plans for today, but unfortunately have been battling mastitis all weekend- really not fun! The temperature outside was 63* (it still is August, I am so scared for this winter!) but I had a fever of 103* so it felt good (except when I had the chills). Even though today didn't go as originally planned the kids did get almost 3 extra weeks of summer vacation than if we stayed in Taiwan. Plus, next weekend is Labor Day, so hopefully we can do what I wanted to do today then.
Looking ahead- hopefully I won't have the day after Christmas blues this year, as we are back in the land that celebrates Shopping Day! I mean Boxing Day- tee hee. I hope everyone has a Happy New School Year!

2 comments:

The Lee Family said...

I am sorry that you have mastitis, again. I hope that you get better soon.

Mandy said...

Sounds like you have the icks really bad. Let's hope it passes soon!