Monday, November 7, 2011

1st Photo Shoot

These pictures are from the Do-It-Yourself Photo Kiosk at the hospital. I always wonder what these little ones are thinking.


Hello there! Isn't today a lovely day?


I'm so cozy on this warm bed, but the light is a little bright.


I'm number Five, what's your number?


Do you want to go shoot some hoops with me later?


I know you love me. I love you too!

I wanted to share a quote I heard at our recent General Conference that I just love. Elder Neil L. Andersen quoted from an article by Rachel Jankovic on the blog desiringgod.org. She said, “Growing up in this culture, it is very hard to get a biblical perspective on motherhood. … Children rank way below college. Below world travel for sure. Below the ability to go out at night at your leisure. Below honing your body at the gym. Below any job you may have or hope to get... Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for.”

My goal is to always try to use my time wisely in raising my children. And for now to savor this sweet time when they are so little!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Jen-

Love the pics. The quote, well you picked a good one and it couldn't have been a better one. Love your own input at the end. Miss and love you all, Mom P