Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Palmyra, we love you!

A couple weeks after we got home the youth in our ward took a trip to Palmyra, New York to serve in the Temple, to visit the Smith Family Farm, and the Sacred Grove.  Leonard drove Kaleb, Noé, and some of their friends, and helped in the baptistry.

Group shot.

With the
Angel Moroni.

Let's go to the Sacred Grove!

Our Bishop and lots of lovely young ladies.

The three musketeers.  I can't believe they have known each other since before their first birthdays!
The next day at church Kaleb gave a talk in Primary opening exercises.  I wanted to share it here:
 
Yesterday, I had the privilege of going to Palmyra, New York with our ward to do baptisms for the dead. This was my 6th opportunity to do this, since I've turned 12. Back in May, I went with our ward to Montreal, Quebec. During the summer, I got to serve in the Cardston, Alberta temple with my dad, sister, uncles, and cousins. My dad also took my sister and I to serve in the Boise, Idaho; Provo, Utah; and Las Vegas, Nevada temples too.

I have enjoyed serving each time in the temple, however yesterday was extra special because yesterday I got to do baptisms and confirmations for my own family. Noé and I were able to serve my mom's grandma's brothers and sisters. It is so wonderful and important for us to provide these saving ordinances for our own kindred dead.

Serving in the temple blesses many people. It blesses me, because I feel the spirit and have my own testimony strengthened. It blesses my immediate family, because we are reminded that we want to be a family forever and it helps us to be more kind and patient with one another. It also blesses my extended family that have passed away, because now they have the opportunity to enter the Kingdom of God.

I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to be a member of His church- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so grateful for the many, beautiful temples throughout the earth. I am so grateful that through the temple ordinances we can become families forever.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
*With our temple (Montreal) being closed for renovations our family has been taking a monthly temple trip.  Our family went back to Palmyra the following weekend to continue the work for my Granny Barlow's siblings.  We are so lucky to get to go to the temple so often!

No comments: