Thursday, June 18, 2015

Opportunity

I love the annual dance recital, but it is a busy time!  These first pictures are from group photo night.
 
Noé hams it up in front of the camera,
 
like she has big attitude,
 
but really she is just a big sweetheart!
 
This is from dress rehearsal day 1.
 
This is from dress rehearsal day 2.
My class surprised the studio owner with our rendition of this dance.  We interrupted her tap line of "Le Jazz Hot" and called our dance "Le Jazz Not".  She was so impressed she put us in the show!
  
Opening night!

There are always 3 performances each year, but this year there was a slight change so each dance was only performed in 2 of the 3 shows.  It worked out great!  Each show was only 2 1/2 hours long instead of 4 hours.  Only Noé danced in the first show, so I watched the entire show from the audience.  Neither of us danced in the matinee, so we both watched.  Closing night we both danced, so Leonard watched us both.  It couldn't have worked better for our family!
 
After it was all over Noé thought she'd be so funny giving me a kiss with her ruby red lipstick.  Well, 2 can play at that game!  I love this girl and love watching her dance.  She's just a "rec" student at a studio that has "competitive" teams, but I'm so proud of her for always trying her best and improving her dance.  I'm grateful for this opportunity I had to dance on stage again.  I made a goal to do that before I turned 40, and I'm glad it was fulfilled.  I think I'm going to register again for next year's classes.  Local friends- join me, no prior dance experience needed!
 
The song Noé's class danced to was really pretty.  If you haven't seen the new Annie movie, have a listen- Opportunity.

No comments: