On New Year's Eve we visited Spud's so our American family could have one of Canada's most amazing dishes.
I lovingly call it "heart attack in a bowl" and if I died while I eating it I would die with a smile on my face!
French fries, and cheese curds smothered in gravy? Yu-um!
Spud's has a huge menu with lots of other things to add in. This time I got the Sugar Shack: classic poutine with bacon, sausage, and maple syrup. (I am salivating as I write this, I want some more SO BAD!)
They liked it!
Afterwards we went home to have Nanaimo bars!
Nanaimo bars are a triple treat with a coconut-brownie like base, smothered in custard butter cream, topped off with a layer of good ol' chocolate. After I died from eating poutine, I would be in heaven eating Nanaimo bars.
We also had Mom's to-die-for peanut butter and white chocolate peppermint fudge!
Kaleb, Noé, and Tyler got to go to a ward youth party the week of Christmas. For New Year's Eve they got to go to a stake youth party. They celebrated out in Carp, Ontario while the rest of us celebrated at home watching "It's A Wonderful Life" followed by Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve.
Happy New Year 2016!!

No comments:
Post a Comment