This year after we decorated our Christmas tree (the Saturday after American Thanksgiving), Kaleb said, "That might have been the last time Noé and I help decorate the Christmas tree." That simple statement broke my heart. Even though they are both hoping to go away for university next fall, of course they will come home for Christmas (and for every year after for as long as they want!), so his statement caught me completely off guard. But, he's probably right. As much as I want them to be here next year when we decorate our tree again, it is our tradition to do it early in the season to enjoy it for as long as possible, and I don't think their break from school will be that long :).
I wanted to take a walk down Memory Lane, or Christmas Card Lane, if you will, to remember our Christmases with Kaleb and Noé. I think I will do this post again as each little birdie is getting ready to leave the nest. And even though I want them to soar, man it's going to be hard to watch them fly off and leave me behind. Luckily, they will always be my babies and our home will always be their home! ALWAYS!!
I hope we will have a family reunion every year complete with a family photo as children-in-law, and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren... join our crew. And I hope I send out our recent photo every year with our Christmas card!


















No comments:
Post a Comment