Kaleb was honored to be a part of the Wheatley Institute at BYU for the summer. He absolutely loved his time there. He met a visiting professor who is a rabbi in the Jewish faith. He was welcomed into his home with his family to celebrate Shabbat. The rabbi explained that Shabbat is spelled with 3 Hebrew letters and each letter means something. The 3 letters mean Stop, Turn, and Restore. I love this idea to use during my own Sabbath worship of God. To stop my daily, worldly tasks. To turn to God and worship Him. To restore my relationship with my Father in Heaven.
As an interesting side note, I discovered that all 5 of the universities Kaleb was originally accepted to were founded by religions. Emory by Methodists, Duke by Methodists and Quakers, Penn by Anglicans (even though their mascot is the Quaker), Notre Dame by Catholics, and BYU by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I think as mankind seeks to have a greater relationship with God, we also want to gain as much education and knowledge as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment