Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Seventeen! And a giveaway!

Seventeen years ago today, I started this blog.  We were living in Taiwan and I thought it would be a fun way to share our happenings with our family and friends living on the other side of the world.  But, the main reason I started it was to slurp my posts into a book maker to have yearbooks made with all the best of our digital pictures in them.  I did do that... for 2007 and 2008.  Then I had a fourth baby, we moved back to Canada, and life continued to happen.

I love this blog.  It's been a part of me for so long.  However, I'm over a year behind on it now and not sure when I'll be able to catch up.  And since my "free" time is limited, I think I should finally start making those yearbooks, so my own children (the stars of this show) can actually look at them and remember their growing up years.

I'm not going to shut it down, and I will still make posts (at least the yearly Christmas letter and family photo), but I'm going to focus on making the books and we'll see how blogging fits into it.

Now for the giveaway part.  For several years, I had a giveaway to celebrate my blog anniversary.  I decided to do it again this year.  To enter to win, all you have to do is leave a comment below.  Next week, on October 23rd I'll randomly select a winner.  I'll announce the winner, and once they've made sure I have their mailing address, I'll send off this beautiful watercolor print from Paris.  Good luck!  I hope you win!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m excited to read about this new set of adventures Jen. I wish I had kept up my blogging from our Taiwan days

E. Fortin said...

I love your blog, and I love that I've been able to keep in touch with you as your family moves around the world. We feel lucky that our paths cross occasionally and we get to see what's happening in your life!

Tracy Doucette said...

What a wonderful idea Jen, excited to read about your and your families stories and adventures here on your blog ❤️

Jen Reil said...

Congratulations Friend, you win!! Since only 3 people commented, I decided to make all 3 winners. I know you are a friend from Taiwan that used to have a blog, but it's not showing me your name. Please send me your mailing address to reil(dot)fun(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll send your Parisian print!

Jen Reil said...

Congratulations Elena, you win!! Since only 3 people commented, I decided to make all 3 winners. Please send me your mailing address to reil(dot)fun(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll send your Parisian print!

Jen Reil said...

Congratulations Tracy, you win!! Since only 3 people commented, I decided to make all 3 winners. Please send me your mailing address to reil(dot)fun(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll send your Parisian print!

Christine Chaplin said...

Hey Jen - I think it’s me!

Jen Reil said...

Awesome! Please send me your mailing address, and I'll send your print :).