for a GIVE-AWAY!! Yep, today is my 2nd anniversary of blogging (and seriously, the time has flown.) Anyway, I want to give away a couple of little souvenirs- one from Taiwan and one from Canada. To enter, just leave me a comment telling me about your favorite holiday tradition. I'll pick the winner next Friday at noon (eastern time). When I announce the winner, I'll also post a picture of the gifts, until then it will be a surprise!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
6 comments:
Hey Jen. Congrats on the two years. My favorite holiday tradition is all of Christmas eve, having dad read Christ's birth in the bible then staying up late and watching Christmas movies as a family while drinking hot chocolate, then opening our 'Christmas eve P.J.'s'.
Hey Jenn, I LOVE reading your blog!!! It motivates me with mine, however, I still struggle to keep up! I am not sure I have only one holiday tradition. Since Craig and I got married I guess one that I love is on Christmas morning we host a BIG breakfast with his parents and mine!!! It is a smaller family gathering among ALL the family gatherings and I look so forward to it!
Really--only 2 years? You are so good at posting! Favorite tradition that I need to start up again is all my family making a plate of cookies and then we would go caroling together!
I'm odd, so of course my family is odd too. My mom got new carpeting and banned real trees. At the time, fake trees weren't convincing the way they are now, so she wouldn't get one. So we started making trees out of posterboard. They were fantastic. Then my brother started taking the scraps and hanging them upside down. We called it a stalagtree. They were feats of engineering because we suspended them from the ceiling and managed to hang ornaments on them. Good times!
I like halloween... because I can eat lots chocolate
I like Christmas... because I get gifts
I like Chinese New Year... because i receive $$
^^
I haven't known you for two years, but still, it's been a while. LOL. My favorite holiday tradition is finding the pickle in the christmas tree. It's an Irish tradition, although German's do it too I found out. We hide a pickle inside the tree and the person who finds it gets a prize, which is usually candy, like the olden days. I bought my pickle last year in hopes of having a family soo to start this tradition at home!
Post a Comment