We finally made it out to skate on the world's largest skating rink AKA the Rideau Canal during the last weekend of Winterlude. The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful time!
The beautiful Parliament buildings.
Len skated well considering he got 2 different sized skates from the rentals. Lucky for us, they didn't charge him.
My 4 little chillin' children and me.
Kaleb is very safety-conscience and made sure we brought helmets for Noe and him. He was a little distraught that Len and I didn't have them though.
Noe was thrilled to find this snowball that was almost bigger than her.
Gavin thought the best part was definitely eating Beaver Tails.
Teague thought the Beaver Tails were the best thing to eat too, and was a little disappointed with his Gerber lunch.
Along the way, we ran into Colonel By (the designer of the Canal that opened in 1832) with his mother and sister.
We also found some tee pees and a couple of beautiful native girls.
I love this old bridge.
I was a little scared seeing the huge tractors sweeping snow off the ice. I guess anything can walk on water- if it's frozen!
We finished all 7 kilometers of the canal, however we only skated about 4 of it, then traded in our skates for boots and walked the rest (Kaleb and Noe were troopers, but were getting t-o-o slow). After, we checked out the beautiful ice sculptures at Confederation Park. These butterflies were my favorite, and I liked their title too- Resurrection.
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Almost makes me want to visit you guys in the winter.... almost! :)
That looks like tons of fun!!
Post a Comment