Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day Bouquets

Mother's Day is always bittersweet for me. I feel this huge guilt for all the things I'm doing wrong as a mother. I also feel this overwhelming gratitude for my sweet children. I love each one as if they were my one and only, but I am so glad they are ALL mine! I remember the quote, "there is no one way to be a perfect mother, but there are millions of ways to be a good one." To risk sounding conceited I'm going to say I AM a good mother! Do I make mistakes? Daily. Have I cried myself to sleep at night for losing my temper? Several times. Do I love my children with all of my heart? Yes, and my soul! Am I trying my best to raise them to be good people? Yes, I am. The keyword is trying. I am trying and they are trying. None of us are perfect, but we love each other perfectly. That's what counts!


Kaleb made these flowers for me in his French class (as did Noe).


Noe made me this bouquet and decoupaged the vase at her Activity Day.


Gavin made me these ones in Primary (along with Kaleb and Noe).


Teague got me this rose from Sacrament meeting.


I'm so grateful for my husband and for him being the father of my children. I read in a novel somewhere that a couple was desiring children because they wanted to see their love personified, or something along those lines. I think the sentiment is sweet and I love seeing our love for each other personified in our beautiful babies. I truly am blessed!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

THanks for the post, I cannot agree more about your saying about being a mom and thank you for pointing out that we're TRYING..we are trying and we do love each other so much. You look great and the kids are growing and growing...its really too bad you guys aren't coming back to Alberta this year, we'll catch you one of these days!