Friday, July 29, 2011

The Manhattan Skyline


On Saturday morning we rode the subway (fiery inferno) down to Battery Park. We saw this sculpture "The Sphere" that was badly damaged, but survived the attacks on the World Trade Towers on 9/11. There is an eternal flame in front of it for all those that lost their lives that day.


We boarded (the free) Staten Island ferry to get a look at the famous skyline. We went a lot further south than our harbour cruise took us last year and we got good glimpses of New Jersey and Long Island as well.










The main purpose of this journey was to see the lovely Lady Liberty. Last year I remember feeling so much emotion when I saw her and everything that she stands for. Unfortunately, this year all I felt was the heat and humidity. I am still so proud for the hope and freedom that she conveys.

No comments: