
I still have lots of posts from Christmas, but I must interject a real-time post here. As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to nourish my body with more living food this year. Last year I focused on weight loss, thinking that once I lost the weight THEN I would be healthy. This year I am focusing on BEING healthy, then the weight loss should just come naturally (hopefully).
Well, so far so good. Not only did I lose my monthly allotted pounds, but I also lost the "extra" pounds I gained during our holiday vacation. Yahoo! So, this afternoon Noe and I went shopping and I bought myself a little prize. (Or not-so-little). I got the 6 piece Nativity set from Willow Tree. I'm so excited to display it next Christmas. Now I just need to stay on track each month and I will get the Wise Men, Angels, Shepherds, Animals, Creche, etc. to complete it.
Len had the idea of us having an incentive to pay ourselves instead of paying Weight Watchers or joining a gym. I do need to exercise more, but I heard that weight loss is only 20% from exercise and 80% from diet. I guess it's true- you are what you eat!
If you're wondering, this is what I've been eating:
BREAKFAST- either a warm bowl of plain oatmeal with some raisins & cinnamon tossed in or, Leonard's delicious muesli- raw oats, plain greek yogurt, banana slices and diced oranges.
LUNCH- as much salad as I want until my tummy's full. We've had a different salad everyday to mix up the nutrients provided as well as to give the taste buds variety.
So far we've had- Asian, Southwestern, Greek, Waldorf, Caribbean, and Chef. We'll make up some tasty vinaigrette to top them off too.
DINNER- we've looked online for healthy recipes using chicken breasts, fish, pork tenderloin (or vegetarian) with lots of steamed veggies. Last night, my awesome husband made us halibut steaks with couscous and a vegetable medly of zucchini, tomatoes, and melted feta cheese- SO. DANG. GOOD!
DESSERT- ha ha, we're not eating desserts on a daily basis, but we're not cutting them out entirely either. We figure about twice a month we'll have dessert- from our monthly dinner group and from the holiday or birthday that arrives each month too. However, we are doing the desserts up real good. We're not wasting calories on crappy treats, we'll make the things we truly love and then they really will be a special treat!
WATER- is the only thing we drink, and lots of it!
SUNDAY- is our day off. We eat the above way the other 6 days of the week, but on Sundays we just eat 2 meals (we skip lunch because of church) so our dinners will be some comfort food that's maybe not quite as healthy (flaky chicken pot pie, 4 cheese lasagna, double-decker tacos, greasy & delicious Chinese egg rolls- we're having those tomorrow to celebrate Chinese New Year- wahoo!).
I really think this new way of eating can be the way I eat for the rest of my life. What healthy food tips can you share with me?
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
3 comments:
Hamburgers generally have a lot of grease and spices but mi mom found some where the only ingredient was beef. They are still kinda greasy but way better for you than the ones with spices and stuff added. Also, if possible, make your own bread, and even better, mill your own wheat (or get someone with a mill to do ti for you). Finally, Quinoa is super healthy. my grandma like to make it with rice (half and half). Adding things like cranberries, apple chuncks, or cashews is good too. :) happy dietting!!!
Wow, I can't type today. :P
Great job Jenn! I am impressed that you will eat that Mueslix and that you describe it as delicious! Good for you. Steve makes it as well and he and the kids stink to high heaven for days. It just doesn't sit well with them I guess, but they enjoy it. As for me, no thanks. Great job with your goals! I am excited to start exercising and dieting after this little guy makes his arrival. You're inspiring!
Post a Comment