Sunday, January 1, 2012

One word


Happy New Year everyone! With the new year comes many resolutions. I've seen on other blogs the "one word" resolution and I've decided to try it this year. My word is "nourish". I want to nourish my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ by having devotional time everyday to study the scriptures and pray. I want to nourish my relationships with my family and friends. I will do this by having more dates with my husband, more one-on-one time with my children, and by making more phone calls to extended family and friends. I want to nourish my mind. I will continue going to Book Club each month, but I will read a novel of my own choosing each month too. I also want to nourish my body with living food. I have (A LOT) of weight to lose this year, but I want to focus on being more healthy than just weight loss.


I have a little reward system to help me out. Instead of thinking I have 60 pounds to lose, I'm breaking that down to just 5 pounds a month. If I reach my goal each month, I will reward myself with a piece of the Willow Tree Nativity. Hopefully, by next December I will have lost all of my weight and earned a new beautiful nativity set to display at Christmas. Wish me luck! I wish you luck with your new year resolutions as well!

2 comments:

suzi said...

Love this. Our family word is attitude. Happy new Year!

Erika said...

Love this Jenny! Good Luck!