Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday






I love decorating for Easter. It's the only time I can embrace my love for pastels, ha ha! I finally found some "blooms" for my Happy Easter planter.

At Christmas, I can display Nativities to keep the focus on the Savior. At Easter, I didn't have any religious decor- so I made some this year. I got 8 of my favorite prints by Simon Dewey showing scenes from Jesus' life (His birth, learning from Mary & Joseph as a boy, teaching in the Synagogue, teaching the woman at the well, washing His Apostles' feet, and His Resurrection). I framed them in simple acryclic frames because I wanted the focus to be on the prints themselves. I put a collection of vases behind with spring tulips to finish it off. I was really happy with how it turned out! We used the pictures as part of our special Easter Family Home Evening too. We decided we're going to display them at Christmas too, I'll just swap out the tulips for some poinsettias.

I love the tradition of getting new Easter clothes each year. This year I indulged my passion for pastels. (I wish they had the yellow shirt in Teague's size, but he looks handsome in beige!).

Noe and her matching bunny. I just loved this skirt for her and couldn't pass up the dress too. Maybe someday she'll have a little sister to wear it, but until then it looks cute on Bunny.
*We had a wonderful morning at church, then came home to an Easter feast of ham with all the trimmings followed by strawberry shortcake. We finished the evening with our special lesson on Jesus'Atonement and Resurrection. I am so grateful that my Savior made it possible for me to return home to live with my Father in Heaven with my precious family!

No comments: