...silly,
happy,
right!
This year's Primary theme is Choose the Right. "Wherefore, men
are free...to choose liberty and eternal life, through the Great
Mediator of all men." 2 Nephi 2:27.
Our annual Primary Sacrament Meeting came and our 3 big kids did great writing and delivering their speaking parts:
Gavin- I share my
trains with my brother, Teague and play games with my other brothers
and sister. I am blessed because I feel happy and so does my family.
Noé- Modesty means that we should try to be
our best, but that we should not think that we are better than other
people. We should not be focused on getting others to notice us, but
we should focus on seeing the good in other people. We should always
try to be modest in how we look, in how we talk, and in how we
behave.
Kaleb- The Word of
Wisdom teaches us to take care of our bodies. It teaches us to eat
healthy foods and to avoid substances which are not good for us. If
we obey the Word of Wisdom, we will be healthy. Our bodies and our
spirits will flourish. We will receive knowledge and wisdom and we
will have the strength to do good throughout our entire life.
They also participated in special musical numbers. Gavin's class sang "When I Am Baptized." Kaleb sang "Easter Hosanna" in a trio with Grace and Caroline. AND our ENTIRE family sang "I'm trying to be
like Jesus." When my friend Jenna called and asked us to do it, of course I said yes, but I was a little worried as the Von Trapp family we are not. I called Leonard to tell him the good news and he replied, "You told her yes?!" We practiced a lot and when the big day came I might have been more nervous than when I give a talk in Sacrament meeting. It went off well enough, even though Hiram was pulling on Noé's hair bow and Teague screamed when it was over because he wanted to stay on the stand with his older siblings. I am proud of my little family. We are FAR from perfect, but we ARE TRYING to be like Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment