Some call me a Homemaker, others a Housewife, and still others a Stay At Home Mom. I'll answer to any and all of those titles, but they are not all of me.
My relationships with my husband and children are so important to me and I want to be the best wife and mother that I can be.
I am so grateful for our home and I like taking care of it (although, please don't peek in my kitchen today).
My extended family is very important to me too and I try to keep those relationships strong and I try to be a good friend to those around me. I like being called a daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, aunt, and friend. (I look forward to being called grandma someday too!)
I love ART, all kinds, creating it, and appreciating it. I like being called an artist.
But the ultimate title I wish to earn is that of a Good and Faithful Servant. When my life's work is complete and my Father in Heaven calls me home I hope that when I meet Him and my Savior that I will hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
Just for fun, enjoy this little stay at home mom poster:
I had to throw in one for my husband the diplomat too:
Leonard recently submitted his Top 5 for postings next year.
Drum roll please:
1- Paris, France
2- Brussels, Belgium
3- Vienna, Austria
4- Athens, Greece
5- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Some other posts we were interested in were:
Geneva, Switzerland; Lima, Peru; Brasilia or Sao Paolo, Brazil; Pretoria, South Africa; Wellington, New Zealand; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and New York, New York. Unfortunately, we could only pick 5 and Len wasn't qualified for or was over-qualified for some of them. There is steep competition (ie- lots of diplomats wanting to leave Ottawa, but not lots of jobs available overseas), but we are hoping we will go WHERE and WHEN we are supposed to.
My husband also came across a fabulous article at The Art of Manliness blog. If the title, Romantic Love Can Last sounds interesting to you, give it a read!


No comments:
Post a Comment