Monday, November 4, 2013

Need Home Remedies Please!

I am one sick momma!  I have had "morning sickness" with all of my pregnancies.  Although for me, it lasts all day, all night, the whole pregnancy.  However, I think this pregnancy has definitely been the worst ever.  I curled up in a ball on Friday and pretty much didn't move until now (only because I had to get the kids ready for class picture day at school).  In Canada they actually have a prescription drug "diclectin" for pregnancy nausea.  I have taken 100 of those puppies over the past few weeks and they have not done a dang thing!  Last night I had a dream about durian fruit (its smell would make anyone nauseous) and that it was an anti-nausea remedy.  That's how desperate I am- I am dreaming about home remedies to cure my nausea!  I would even eat a durian if it would help.  So please, help this momma out- if you have any home remedies for nausea please share in the comments!!

4 comments:

Dyane said...

my morning sickness was that bad too, jen. the only thing i could keep down was mcdonalds and gatorade. i drank 3 gatorade a day, and found that it settled my stomach. mcd's was the thing i ate at night, since i was so starving by then, and was at my sickest.

hope it helps, jen!

Jen Reil said...

Thanks Dyane! I think I am a little dehydrated so I will try the Gatorade. I am at my sickest at night too and think I'll have to start making some drive-thru runs!

the andersons said...

Congrats on the new baby, Jen! On-going morning sickness is awful, though.. I was prescribed zofran with my last pregnancy which helped considerably and helped me function. Sending good thoughts your way!!

Jen Reil said...

Thanks Jenny! I'm going to my doctor in a week and a half and I am definitely asking about the Zofran!