Thursday, April 11, 2019

Cards, Flowers, and Candy

Kids writing cards for their school Valentine's parties makes my heart happy!  I can't believe only Hiram and Ali had parties on Valentine's day this year.

Hiram gave out Super Hero cards.

Ali gave out animal cards.

Teague's class was tubing on Valentine's day, so their teacher tried to have her class party the day before.  That day turned out to be a snow day where the schools were shut down!  This was a first for us!  Our kids have been in school for nine years here and all the previous snow days just meant the buses weren't running, while the schools remained open.  This time the schools were even shut down.  Ottawa really wanted its citizens to stay inside that day.  After Valentine's day the kids had a PD day, followed by the weekend, followed by Family day.  So, five days after Valentine's day Teague's class finally had their party.  Teague gave out foodie cards.

Gavin's class was also tubing on Valentine's day, so his teacher didn't host a party for the holiday.  Gavin still got a Valentine though.  His friend, Camy gave him a card that said, "If you were a triangle you'd be acute one."  Inside it said, "Will you be my Valentine?? please -Camy."  She also gave him a jar of jelly beans labeled "every flavour beans," but luckily it only had yummy tasting jelly beans inside.  Gavin's class has email, so he emailed Camy back saying, "Sure, I'll be your Valentine."  She wrote back, "OMG!" (Which I read as Oh My Goodness.)  And that was the end of it, ha ha!

I finally got around to taking a picture of all the cute cards the kids brought home from school...

...and Hiram's darling Valentine bag!

Leonard came home from work with this lovely flower arrangement for me.

I wrote out little cards for each of my family members...

...as well as got everyone Hershey's bars- either Almond, Cookies 'n Creme, or Gold.


I may have picked out my own card, but Leonard is the one who signed it, ha ha!








This photo is just a place marker until I take a picture of ALL the Valentine's cards the kids brought home from school.

I'm glad we have a special day to celebrate love!

No comments: