Lately, I have been trying to figure out how God speaks to me. I know He speaks to me through the scriptures. I know He speaks to me through the modern-day prophets and apostles. In a quirky way, I also think sometimes He speaks to me through Pinterest quotes. I felt this when we decided to leave India, and I felt this when we got Macy's Down syndrome diagnosis. After the loss of my twin pregnancy, I had been seriously contemplating adoption again (this is the 4th time in our married life, I also thought about it before I was married).
On April 28th, I had the feeling I should take out the adoption application that we got from The Children's Aid Society back in the summer of 2019. I had taken this packet out of my nightstand drawer several times, but was never ready to read it and fill it out. This time I thought, just take one step at a time. Just start reading it.
Before the day was over, I had read the whole thing, filled out all of the application that I could, and asked Leonard to fill out the parts that were required from him, and he did.
The next day, we reached out to loved ones asking if they would be a character reference for us.
Over the weekend, I fasted asking God if we should submit our application. On Monday morning (our anniversary), I had the thought to check my Pinterest board and see what quotes I had recently posted. These 10 seemed to be shouting at me.
After our lunch date, Leonard and I went to CAS and submitted our application. Our paperwork said it would take 2-3 weeks to review it. A week after we dropped it off, we got an email that it will take 4-5 months to review it. If our application is approved, then comes the real work of the home study and 27 hour adoption training. I am usually very anxious, but I feel calm about this. If we are meant to adopt it will work out. If not, then I'll know that we tried every single thing that we could to bring another child into our family and will be able to move on in peace. But of course, I'm hoping we will be blessed with one more child!










No comments:
Post a Comment