Friday, November 11, 2022

Silver Anniversary

Leonard and I were just 18 when we started dating.

We had only known each other for 2 months, before he came home to Vegas to meet the fam (thanks Leslie for getting baptized then!).  My siblings were only 9, 8, 5, and 4 when Len met them.

We met the first week of our freshman year at BYU.  We got married almost 4 years later, a week after I graduated.










So grateful how our family has grown over the years!

In our 25 years of marriage we've had 7 kids, moved 12 times (including 5 countries, 3 states, and 7 cities), visited 29 countries, and made countless memories.

We went out to dinner at The Keg for some steak, shrimp, and cheesecake.

Leonard gave me this beautiful sunshine ring, and I think it goes great with my moon and star ring.

I wrote the 25th edition of my So Now What? letter to him and made him a playlist of songs for every year we've known each other.

1993- Fields of Gold, Sting
1994- Crazy, Aerosmith
1995- Only Wanna Be With You, Hootie & The Blowfish
1996- Sittin' Up In My Room, Brandy
1997- I Love You Always Forever, Donna Lewis
1998- This Kiss, Faith Hill
1999- Kiss Me, Sixpence None The Richer
2000- My Best Friend, Tim McGraw
2001- Thank You, Dido
2002- A Thousand Miles, Vanessa Carlton
2003- The Game Of Love, Santana & Michelle Branch
2004- With You, Jessica Simpson
2005- You And Me, Lifehouse
2006- Far Away, Nickelback
2007- Bubbly, Colbie Caillat
2008- Love Like This, Natasha Bedingfield & Sean Kingston
2009- The Only Exception, Paramore
2010- Teenage Dream, Katy Perry
2011- I Would Do Anything For You, Foster The People
2012- Home, Phillip Phillips
2013- Adore You, Miley Cyrus
2014- You & I Forever, Jessica Ware
2015- Like I'm Gonna Lose You, Meghan Trainor & John Legend
2016- Pillowtalk, Zayn
2017- Something Just Like This, The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
2018- What Lovers Do, Maroon 5 & SZA
2019- Lover, Taylor Swift & Shawn Mendes
2020- Stuck With U, Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber
2021- Tweety, Raveena
2022- Room For 2, Benson Boone

Updates-
2023- Waves of Blue, Majid Jordan
2024- Norther Wind, City & Colour
(this song came out in 2011, but we saw him in concert in 2024 so it counts, ha ha)
2024 bonus- Too Sweet, Hozier (since this song actually came out in 2024 ;)
2025- Ordinary, Alex Warren

And I wanted to add a song for each year of our lives (starting in utero)-
1974- I Will Always Love You, Dolly Parton
1975- You Sexy Thing, Hot Chocolate
1976- Still the One, Orleans
1977-Best of My Love, The Emotions
1978- You're the One that I Want, John Travolta & Olivia Newton John
1979- Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Queen
1980- You Shook Me All Night Long, AC/DC
1981- Endless Love, Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
1982- Only You, Yazoo
1983- Faithfully, Journey
1984- Somebody, Depeche Mode
1985- Crazy for You, Madonna
1986- Take My Breath Away, Berlin
1987- Lips Like Sugar, Echo & The Bunnymen
1988- Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Poison
1989- I Drove All Night, Cyndi Lauper
Bonus- Pure, The Lightning Seeds
1990- More Than Words, Extreme
1991- Something to Talk About, Bonnie Raitt
1992- These Are Days, 10,000 Maniacs
1993 bonus- Fade Into You, Mazzy Star

No comments: