Thursday, September 7, 2023

Christmas Day

Santa came last night!
We got up early, but we didn't open our presents yet.  We got all dressed up and went to church.  After church, we put our pajamas back on for the rest of the day!

We had family prayer, then ate our Christmas quiche.  And of course, we had to take pictures before we opened our gifts.

Always my favorite gift!

I just wish Kaleb was with us too (although I'm so glad he's serving a mission!).


Papa Elf


Mama Elf


Elf #2
(We sent Kaleb-Elf #1, matching PJs in his Christmas package, but I never got a picture of him in them- the stinker!)


Elf #3


Elf #4


Elf #5


Elf #6

Little Elf #7 wouldn't hold her stocking.

Another stinker!  But, she's cute!

We all got some fun gifts.

My favorite was that we time-traveled to 1980 with these Yoda and Strawberry Shortcake dolls!





We talked to Kaleb, my mom & step-dad, and my dad & step-mom.  We sang carols, and we cooked!

I made chicken enchilada casserole, while Len made beans, and rice, and got the chips & salsa, and cranberry ginger ale ready.  We invited the Montminy family over to join us for dinner.  They brought a yummy chocolate trifle dessert too.  We had fun playing games and visiting with them!

One of my favorite gifts every year are the sweet cards sent from family and friends, near and far.

Another favorite gift, were these gorgeous photos I had taken of Josh and Noé.

I'm also grateful to know these cuties in Kenya!

My dad's cousin shared this picture of her dad (the one that looks like Clark Gable in the middle).  He's my grandma's brother.  I don't know who the other people are, but I love that back in the day they enjoyed their Christmas celebrations too!

No comments: