After Noé got me a remake of the vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls from 1980 for Christmas, I was on the hunt to track down one from all 6 of her eras.
The first era was made by Kenner in 1980. I had 16 of these original dolls.
The second era was by THQ (Toy Headquarters) in 1991. This would have been my little sisters' era, but I don't know if they had any of them.
The third era was by Bandai in 2003. Noé had a little stuffed doll with this design.
The fourth era was by Playmates Toys in 2005. Noé had 6 of these dolls.
The fifth era was by Hasbro in 2009.
The sixth era was by The Bridge Direct in 2017.
I hope they will sell more dolls soon, as I'd love to get some for Ali and Macy.
I also got Strawberry Shortcake's pets. Pupcake originally belonged to Huckleberry Pie, but somewhere along the line he became Strawberry's dog. Custard the cat has always been Strawberry's though.
I love these little dollies and they inspire me to have the dolls I've designed be manufactured. If only I knew someone in the toy industry!
No comments:
Post a Comment