We celebrated a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving with our dear friends the Cameron's and Martin's.
We feasted on turkey with cranberries, steamed veggie medley, green bean casserole, rutabaga, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, and Yorkshire pudding. Everything was delish!
Len licked his plate clean (so did I!).
We also celebrated Quinn's 7th birthday. So not only did we have scrumptious pumpkin and apple pies with dreamy whipped cream for dessert, but we also had black forest cake a la mode.
We've been debating on when we'll give Teague his first haircut, but I guess this picture proves he is ready!
Gavin has the same do! Ha ha! Actually, it's Tori's wig from when she had cancer. It's a tradition for all the boys in the fam to get their picture taken in it. I am honored that our boys joined the tradition!
The kids were playing in the dress-up clothes, so Kaleb just added the wig to his clown ensemble.
I laughed SO hard when Len tried it on. From across the room, he looked just like another boy I knew back in high school...
Molly much prefers Teague with short hair. Aren't they a cute couple?
We finally painted our bedroom. We decided to do all of the walls aqua. Instead of Behr's 500 C-3 Spa, we chose the C-2 Aqua Pura. It's hard to capture the color on film (ha ha!), but we are both happy with it.
Kaleb has been busy with Cub Scouts. He's been sprouting beans, growing crystals, planting garlic, hiking, and visiting a bird hospital. He'll earn several badges next week and is so thrilled. He also did really well with his school's Cross Country program. He came in 3rd place for the 3rd grade boys race at his school, which qualified him to run in the 12 school track meet. Out of 120 boys in his race he came in at 62. He was happy with his placement and I am so proud of him and all of the practicing he did for it all on his own. Way to go Kaleb!
Noe's been busy too with Activity days, Jazz dance, and making artwork. The kids made these cute spiders and webs at school. Noe missed qualifying for the track meet by one place. She was really bummed about it. Her teacher told me she would have made it if she had ran solo, but she held back to run with her best friend. Even though I was sad because she was that she didn't make it, I'm glad she has more of a compassionate heart instead of a competitive one. Way to go Noe!
The cute play group #2. Our weekly get-togethers with the Martin's are so natural with this group, that I forget that the original group was their 4 older siblings. Gavin's been working harder on potty training (well, he's been letting mommy and daddy work harder at it with him!). He finally p#%ped on the toilet this week and got to eat his chocolate bar that's been in the fridge all month for him. Unfortunately, this morning he didn't want to repeat his previous success. I think this kid may go to Kindergarten next year in Depends- ha ha!
These two are partners in crime, but the little one is the instigator! As soon as my back's turned he's getting into some kind of trouble, then Gavin will rush over to join in. For this activity, he pulled a chair (that's bigger than him) over to the kitchen sink, then proceeded to throw dirty dishes out of the sink onto the floor. Luckily, I caught the glass before it smashed to the floor!
Our little babe is 18 months old now! He is such a tiny guy though. He is still in size 3 diapers and I have to roll the waist of his 12 month pants because his waist is too skinny and his legs are too short. My other babies were wearing size 24 months by now. He is the BEST baby dancer I have ever seen and gets his whole body into it- feet, knees, hips, shoulders, hands, head- it is so hilarious and precious to watch! He's a thumb sucker, always with his right thumb, then his left hand fiddles with his right shirt sleeve. He has the sweetest laugh and the most beautiful smile. I sure love this kid, but we do need to give him his first haircut. Why do they have to grow up so fast?
On to Halloween!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh Jen I am laughing hysterically at the picture of Leonard with that wig on!!! Hahaha that is absolutely hilarious!!
Post a Comment