Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Winter Boy

With all of the sickness we've had this winter it feels like our family has been hibernating. The little boys and I have missed our Jolly Phonics and play days for so long! We were so excited to have 3 darling brothers come and spend a couple of days with us this week.

The 3 big boys got all dressed up in their snow gear to play outside for a while (about 10 minutes- tee hee). They had some snowball fights and tried building a snowman. I bought a snowman "kit" this year, so we really need to build one!




I just want to give a little tribute to my Gavin boy. I sure love him! He is such a tender, gentle soul and likes to be a peacemaker. He'll come up to me and say, "Mommy, I want to scuddle (snuggle) you." I'll pull him up into my lap and he'll immediately start twirling his fingers in my hair, then he'll tell me, "I love you girl." Oh, my heart just melts! When I am upset he'll tell me, "Don't worry Mommy, be happy." He's never even heard the Bobby McFerrin song by that title, that's just what's inside him. I also must mention Jex, his imaginary friend. He talks about him a lot and tells me he wants to go and play at Jex's house. When I tell him I don't know where Jex lives, he'll say he lives in the blue house. Even though Jex is imaginary, he is not invisible. He'll see random pictures of little boys on a game box or a newspaper ad and he'll point at them and tell me that that is Jex. He is so funny! He is such a picky eater too, and it drives me crazy! But I love this boy so much and am so glad I get to spend my days with him!

No comments: