This year our Valentine's Day decor had to share the spotlight with our Chinese New Year decorations since the holidays fell only 4 days apart. I always like to keep our Christmas/Chinese New Year cards up until the Lunar New Year as well, so our house was a little cluttered with sprinklings from 3 holidays around.
We had a Mommy-Primary children activity up at the church. The kids made these cute candy trains, wrote home made cards, decorated sugar cookies, colored pages, and had an inspiring lesson on serving others.
My 3 big kids had a fun time. Teague was invited to attend, but as he was sick he had to stay home with Daddy and Hiram, he was so sad. His siblings shared their sugary goodness with him though and that made up for it!
Every year I see cute homemade Valentine's cards on blogs and Pinterest...
...that I want to make with my kids, but...
...every year we end up just using the store bought ones. Someday?
I made up some cupcakes for Len's seminary students and for our dear neighbor (who is a widower).
I love strawberries year-round, but their luscious color make them my favorite for Valentine's Day.
I tried a new recipe from pinterest with them- fresh strawberry cake with fresh strawberry frosting. It was a hit and my favorite (right now)! I also got the kiddos these mini teddy bears.
Serious yum! I also got a game for Leonard and he wrote me a poem. Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment