My friend Tanya asked our family to sing in Relief Society to introduce her lesson. We are not a particularly musical family, but we told her we'd be happy to help. We practiced at home and we also had a rehearsal with her. The day of the lesson though, I didn't even make it through the first line before I was too emotional to sing. The song has 4 verses- we were all to sing verses 1 and 4, Len had a solo for verse 2, and I had a solo for verse 3. I couldn't get any sound out, because I was just crying so hard. My sweet Noé sang my solo for me.
We've sang once before in church and I didn't cry then, but this time the song just got to me. I know that "The Family is of God" and I am grateful everyday for my little family and for all of our extended families, our ward family, and for all of our friends that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with.
I've been thinking of the wonderful power of music in building my testimony. I've had several hymns running through my mind lately-
Abide With Me!
Where Can I Turn for Peace?
If you Could Hie to Kolob
Be Still, My Soul
I Stand All Amazed
O My Father
Every Sunday as we drive to church we take turns choosing hymns and primary songs to sing. The last song we always sing is "A Happy Family."
I love Daddy (Kaleb, Gavin, Hiram)
He loves me
We love Mommy (Noé, Teague, Ali)
Yes sirree
She loves us and so you see
We are a happy family!
*We sing the song 4 times so everyone's name is sung :).
No comments:
Post a Comment