Monday, August 24, 2015

Womanhood

For the past two weeks I have been purging my house top-to-bottom.  Every closet, cupboard, drawer, etc. has been organized.  While organizing my nightstand I found a couple of quotes that I have loved for years and wanted to share them on here.

"YOU are a daughter of a HEAVENLY KING who loves you and promises to give you ALL He possesses.  Being prepared and making right choices will bring you happiness in this life and enable you to make it back to your Heavenly Home where you will be rewarded, with nothing withheld." ~Unknown

"Woman is God's supreme creation.  Only after the earth had been formed, after the day had been separated from the night, after the waters had been divided from the land, after vegetation and animal life had been created, and after man had been placed on the earth, was woman created; and only then was the work pronounced complete and good.  Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

*On another note, my friend, Mary adopted a beautiful girl, also named Mary who was born in China back in 1995.  We knew their family during part of our time in Taiwan from 2006-2009.  I was little Mary's Primary teacher at church and I just loved her.  I was her mother's friend and I just loved her too!  This past spring little Mary passed away (on Kaleb and Noé's birthday) and her mother has felt impressed to share her life story with anyone who will read it.  Her blog is A Light from the East, and you can also follow along from my sidebar under "Daily Reads".  So far she has shared the first 3 chapters and it has been such a bittersweet experience for me to read.  Sweet in remembering Mary, sweet in being inspired to build my relationship with God to be even stronger, but bitter because I miss little Mary!  In today's reading, Mary asked this question, "Are we who live upon this earth, at this time, fully engaged in bringing to pass our part, perhaps ever small or even large, in this restoration of the truth, of all things?"  I sure want to!  I want to be like Esther in the Old Testament and fulfill the mission my Heavenly Father sent me here to earth at this time to accomplish.  I pray that line upon line and precept upon precept I will.

No comments: