Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Easter Weekend

It was so weird to me when we first moved to Canada and I learned that Spring break (or rather March break) didn't coincide with Easter.  However, I have learned to love the 4-day weekend just for Easter here.  I also love our new Easter decor!

We started our festivities on Friday with coloring 30 hard boiled eggs.  We didn't have access to Easter egg dye last year in India, so we used markers instead.  This year we could have got the egg dye, but we chose to decorate them with markers again.

Macy slept through our arts and crafts time, but I know one day she will create little beauties of her own.

Ta-da!  Everyone did a great job!  I love seeing the creativity!

Saturday morning the kids discovered that the Easter bunny had come!  He brought them new baskets with chocolate bunnies, Cheetos carrots, marshmallow peeps, sequin eggs, and new teddy bears!  He also filled more eggs with more candy for their hunt later.

I took individual pictures of the kids with their candy baskets, their baskets and bears, and with their eggs from the hunt.  I'm just sharing my favorite one of each though.








The Easter bunny even brought a basket for Grandpa!

The kids scored on their egg hunt finding inside Cadbury creme eggs, Reese's peanut butter eggs, Oreo eggs, M&Ms, Hershey's eggies, Reese's pieces eggs, and jelly beans!
(Teague arranged everyone to sit in rainbow order, so my son- ha ha!)

Macy got all the eggs!

I added bows to each bear so the kids can tell whose is whose.
(I know I have 7 kids and there are 8 bears, but you know I'm still dreaming of having one more little babe!)

On Saturday and Sunday we watched all the sessions of General Conference.  On Sunday morning we feasted on Palachinkas.  On Sunday evening we feasted on Easter dinner!  Since we had a ham for our Epiphany dinner, we did a turkey this time complete with cranberry sauce, stuffing, green bean casserole, funeral potatoes, deviled eggs, rolls, and sparkling cider. 

For dessert we had strawberry-rhubarb pie a la mode.
Our festivities also included watching It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown and HOP.

I am so grateful that my Savior, Jesus Christ atoned for my sins, died for me, and was resurrected!  Because of Him I can be forgiven, live again after death, and spend eternity with my loved ones.  There is no greater gift!

No comments: