Macy has reached some amazing milestones this month!
She can make eye contact now.
She can also smile in response to me (and it melts my heart).
She also loves to have conversations and sing with me.
She has lots of wonderful things to say and I thoroughly enjoy our chats.
One word she has learned is NO! Okay, she can't verbalize the word "no" yet, but she has made it clear that she says NO to the bottle! When she was first born and in the NICU she drank formula bottles. Soon I was able to pump enough milk for her that she was able to drink my milk exclusively. When she came home from the NICU we brought home three large bags of my frozen milk. I was able to finally nurse her around the clock, but Leonard would still feed her a pumped bottle once a day. This would give me a little break, let him spend time with her, and use up all that excess milk. Kaleb and Noé would also feed her a bottle if Leonard and I were out together. Well now, she won't even drink a bottle of my milk, she wants it straight from me. I am completely fine with that when we're together, but I worry about the few times when we're apart. I guess I won't venture far away from her, or she'll get hungry enough to like the bottle again. I like that she's finding her voice though!
She looks for me when she hears my voice.
She can also track objects with her eyes.
She doesn't like being held horizontally when she's awake, she much prefers being vertical and I love having her up on my shoulder- her face is much closer to smooch.
She still has to be woken up at night to eat, however occasionally she will wake me up. She doesn't cry then, I can just hear her smacking her lips, ha ha!
Thank you Macy for coming to our family! We love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment