Sunday, April 12, 2020

Special Easter Service

Today was the 5th week that we had church at home.  You can imagine with a family as large as ours with a wide-range of children's ages that sometimes our home church looks more like a three-ring circus.  However, today was beautiful!  I felt the spirit so strongly, and I know my children did too- they were actually quiet and paid attention.  I thought of the scripture in Matthew 18:20, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."  Some day when I look back at our time spent at home during the Covid-19 quarantine, I want to remember this day.  Here is the program we had:

Opening Song:  He Died That We Might Live Again

Opening Prayer:  Gavin

Sacrament Hymn:  I Stand All Amazed

Sacrament prepared, blessed, and passed:  Leonard, Kaleb, and Gavin

Scripture Reading:
Matthew 28:1-10
3 Nephi 11:8, 14-15
3 Nephi 17:20-21
Mormon 1:15
Ether 12:38-39
Doctrine and Covenants 76:19-24
Doctrine and Covenants 110:1-10
Joseph Smith--History 1:15-17
Matthew 27:52-53
3 Nephi 23:9-10

Videos (I highly recommend you watching all 5 of them!):












Special Reading:  The Living Christ (click on it to read)

Closing Song:  Did Jesus Really Live Again?

Closing Prayer:  Noé

(Please leave a comment if you'd like me to hyperlink the songs and scriptures)

Happy Easter!  Hosanna and Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Andrew kiserema said...

Beautiful Sunday service. Thanks for sharing

Jen Reil said...

Thanks Andrew!