Sunday, September 26, 2021

Testimony

 What is a testimony?  A simple definition according to Wikipedia is, "in law and in religion, testimony is a solemn attestation as to the truth of a matter."  Some synonyms to testimony are evidence, declaration, witness, and confirmation.


We had the missionaries over for dinner and they challenged each of us to write our testimony of Jesus Christ and to share it with others.  Today after church, we all sat down and wrote the sacred knowledge of our hearts.  I am going to share each of our testimonies here below:


Leonard's-

When I consider the story of Jesus, I am filled with hope and joy, and with a faith that I can become like him.  I believe that in Jesus the nature of Godhood is revealed to us.  That God loves us and came down to earth to live as a mortal.  That he suffered the pains of mortal life, as well as its joys.  That God did this to fully understand us, and to reach out in full love to lift us up.  I believe Christ is able to heal all our wounds, whether physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual.  And I believe Jesus calls us to join him in the Godhood.  I am overwhelmed when I think of how weak and imperfect I am, in comparison to his strength and perfection.  Yet I believe in his call to change, and that through him I can indeed change, slowly but surely, and become like him.  Jesus prayed to our Father to make us all one with Jesus, as Jesus is one with the Father.  And this call inspires me to be more loving, to reach out to the oppressed, the downtrodden, and the weak, and to try to lift them as I can.  Jesus' call inspires me to suffer, to bear with, be patient with, the weaknesses and imperfections of others, as well as my own, in the hope that through Christ we can overcome and be remade into the image of Christ.  I believe in Christ and in His love for us all, and that is what I strive to follow and emulate in my life.

Mine-

I have a testimony that God is my Heavenly Father and He knows me and loves me.  I have a testimony that I have a Heavenly Mother also.  I have a testimony that Jesus Christ is my Savior and He is the Savior of the world.  I have a testimony of these truths because I have learned them at church, and from the scriptures, and from the teachings of the modern-day prophets.  Ultimately, I have a testimony of these truths because the Holy Ghost has confirmed them to my soul.  How grateful I am for this knowledge!  I feel so blessed and lucky to have this testimony and I want to share it with others.  I have received many earthly blessings and I try to be generous with others.  The best thing I can share with others is that they are a beloved child of God and they are a part of His family.  Through the ordinances and covenants of the Temple we can have the most precious relationships with our spouse and family last forever.  I want to become a true disciple of Jesus Christ by loving God with all of my heart and by being obedient to His commandments.  I want to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ by loving everyone as my brother or sister and by helping them strengthen their own relationships with God.

Gavin's-

I believe that the Lord loves me and all the people on the earth.  I believe that Jesus Christ lived for us and died so humanity can be safe.  I also believe that the youth and the prophets are called upon by Christ.

Teague's-

I believe that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I also believe that he is the Son of God.  Jesus gives things called miracles like the time he healed a crippled man and a blind man.  He fed a lot of people with a little boy's lunch.  And he was resurrected from the dead three days after he was killed.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Hiram's-

I believe that Jesus Christ is the beloved Son of God.  I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross.  I believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected.  I believe these things because my parents taught them to me.  I believe these things because I read them in the scriptures.  These things make me happy.

Ali's-

I like taking the sacrament at church because it reminds me that Jesus gave his blood and his body for me so I can be forgiven of my sins.  Jesus was resurrected and went to heaven.  Someday I will be resurrected and go to heaven too.  (And she drew a picture of her and Jesus partaking of the sacrament bread and water together.)

No comments: