Friday, February 29, 2008

Ribbit


Leapin' lizards it's leap year! We didn't see any lizards today, but we saw plenty of leap frogs. I had the Activity Day kids over this afternoon and this is what we did: First, we discussed the parable of the Good Samaritan. We said that we probably won't find lots of beat-up people on the side of the road to serve in our lifetime. However, there are plenty of ways we can serve our neighbors. We made 8 secret service coupons for the boys to complete in the month of March. We then started our frog activities in honor of the day.


We made these cute paper plate frogs. I love how the boys made theirs so colorful. Don't they remind you of the poison tree frogs?


We also made some hoppin' origami frogs and raced them. I sent them home with a leapyear/frog wordsearch, maze, and coloring page. The frog cupcakes though, were definitely the favorite!

Happy Lear Year! I look forward to doing this again in 2012!!

No comments: