Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lantern Display


I was so lucky and got to go with the Kindergarteners on their field trip to the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall to see all of the lanterns on display for the lantern festival.


For the first half of the day Noe and I joined Kaleb with his class, then for the second half Kaleb & I joined Noe's class.


These smaller displays were made by the local middle schools.




There were also large parade-float displays made by the high schools.


There were also beautiful hand-painted lanterns hung all around the memorial hall.


I love roosters, so I had to get a close-up of this guy.


Hand-holding chain, so cute!

The Memorial Hall, and the big globe that they lit up at night.


While we were there we also watched the changing of the guard inside the memorial hall. I took a picture of Dr. Sun Yat-Sen's statue, but it turned out too dark. So, I thought I'd add this statue that's out in the garden area, although I have no idea who he is.

No comments: