
It's 3:14 in the morning and my family and I are all wide awake, yep we're jet-lagged! We left Vegas Wednesday night at 9:23 pm. We flew to Seattle and then on to Taipei. After 17 hours of travel time, and another 15 hours of time change, we arrived Friday morning at 5:20 am with our 5 carry-ons, Gavin's carseat and stroller. However, our 10 suitcases did not make it. Of course, this makes me nervous as all of our back-to-school clothes & shoes, some Christmas presents, and my birthday presents are all packed inside. They are estimated to arrive Sunday afternoon, and I sure hope everything makes it safe & sound.
It's nice to be home and to sleep in our own beds, but I already miss all of our family and friends SOOOO much! I'm excited to see my friends in Taiwan, but sad too because several of them moved away this summer. I really can't believe that we're at the beginning of our 4th and final year here. The time has gone so fast.
My foot didn't fair too well on the flight over. In fact my left leg was swollen from my toes to my knee when we finally landed. I'm anxious about Monday with Len going back to work, the kids starting school and activities, and I still can't walk for long periods of time. We're thinking of getting a helper until I am well again, but I don't know if anyone would want the job for only 2 months. I might fly my little brother, Kristopher over to help too. Hopefully, we'll figure something out so life can continue as normal as much as possible. I hope you've all had a great summer! I can't wait to get caught up on all of your blogs!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
3 comments:
Hey Jen,
I'm sure your glad to be back home :)
Hopefully your mending wont take too long. I can't believe the kids start school so early.
Take care of yourself.
Marj
Wish you were closer so we could help out!! Take it easy. Let you body heal. I know that is so hard for a mom to do, but in the long run it will pay off. Good luck Jen!
It was fun seeing you for a short while.
What a bummer.....to break your toe. Well wishes for a quick recovery.
Post a Comment