I was in excruciating pain yesterday so I went to the dr 3 days early. I was scared one of my screws popped out or I had an infection. Thank goodness neither of those things happened, but the dr said I have been on my feet way too much (probably a total of 10 minutes a day- no joke). He told me I need to constantly elevate my foot for another 4 weeks. Needless to say I am very bummed about that, but I want to be better in 4 weeks and not still in pain and walking like I'm crippled. Who knew one little toe could disrupt my life so much. Not only is there the physical pain, but mentally I can't concentrate on anything when the nerves are shouting to my brain, your foot hurts! your foot hurts! Ugh!
My little brother, Kristopher will be here Friday morning to help me with the kids and that is not soon enough! Through this whole ordeal though, I have felt incredibly blessed. I truly have a wonderful family and friends that have helped take care of me and my children. Leonard, has been my super hero again and has kept things running smoothly in our family with an out-of-commision mommy. My extended family took such good care of us when we were in Vegas too, and now Kris is coming over to help some more. My wonderful friend Leslie took care of my kids for several days and even ran some errands for me when we were in Vegas. We've only been in Taiwan for 6 days, and today will be the 3rd day the awesome Lauren has taken care of my kids. I'm also reminded of my amazing friends in Canada that did so much for us, especially when Noe had encephalitis and when Kaleb & I had pneumonia. I seriously don't know how I got to have such beautiful people in my life. I just hope that I can be that kind of friend that can help others in need and just because.
For those of you who read my blog, you are probably so tired of reading about my toe. I am tired of it too- tee hee. Believe me, I'm ready to start posting some of the 998 pictures I took this summer, but I don't know how much I'll get done during the next little while. Kris will be sleeping in our office/guest room and I can't elevate my foot that well when I'm in here anyway. Maybe we'll get wireless internet connection so I can work on our laptop. If not, I'll try to do a little at a time. I have enjoyed reading about your fun summer adventures though! Hopefully, next month life will be back to normal.
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment