Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sweet Testimony


For the last Sunday in October we were treated with the Primary Presentation at Church. This year's theme was: My Eternal Family. All of the kids did great with their parts. My kids both memorized theirs, but Kaleb got a little nervous and ended up reading his. Noe read the first word, then stopped, looked up and recited the entire 4th Article of Faith from memory. Way to go kids! I'm so proud of you both. The singing is always my favorite though and they did 2 songs in sign language this year. One of the new songs they learned this year was also entitled "My Eternal Family," and I really want to live these words each day:

I am a builder working each day to build my family.
And I will do the best I can to serve them lovingly.
I am a builder growing so tall and learning ev'ry day
to speak with kindness in my home, to help at work and play.
My Heavenly Father sent me here and He knows I can be
Strong and righteous as I build my eternal family.

I am a builder building a home, I seek the Lord in prayer.
And as I try to live God's word I feel the Spirit there.
I am a builder serving the Lord and following His plan
To help my fam'ly come back home and live with Him again.
My Heavenly Father sent me here and He knows I can be
Strong and righteous as I build my eternal family.

I also want to mention a beautiful experience that happened at the beginning of September. For the first Sunday of each month we have a Fast and Testimony meeting. We are asked to fast for 2 meals and then donate the monetary value of those meals to those less fortunate. We also share our testimonies during Sacrament meeting when we feel the Spirit to do so. Noe's best friend, Emma was sitting 2 rows in front of us. She turned around and whispered to Noe, "do you want to go up with me?" Noe looked at me with the expression, "what do I do?" I told her she could go up if she wanted to, but she didn't have to if she didn't feel like it. She told me she wanted to, then she walked up to Emma's row. The girls held hands walking up the aisle, then sat next to each other waiting for their turn. When Noe got up to speak, this was the sweet testimony she gave:

My name is Noe. I love Jesus Christ. I know all He teaches is true.

She then sat down (whoops, she forgot to say Amen, but it was still precious) and waited while Emma gave her own beautiful testimony. Then the girls walked hand in hand back to their seats in the congregation. I was so proud of them both and really touched by their powerful faith. I too LOVE Jesus Christ. And I KNOW all He teaches is true! If you're interested in learning about our beliefs, please visit http://www.mormon.org/. YOU are a child of God!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Your parents were from Dayton, such a small world! I just noticed there wasn't a "D" in the whole thing. I checked the email and it was out of that too.....