Monday, February 22, 2010

The Eye of the Tiger


We now have more decorations for Chinese New Year than we do for Valentine's Day! I put the decorations up for both holidays simultaneously. After all, they fell on the same day this year.


We like our firecracker decorations so much better than the real ones going off at 3 in the morning! I had red envelopes to give to the kids, but I totally forgot to get chocolate coins. They didn't even notice- phew!


Before we left Taiwan, my friend Amanda and I made one last trip down to Snake Alley to purchase some more Chinese clothes. I ended up getting 2 outfits for everyone. We wore these ones to church, but I don't know when we'll wear the other ones.


We all got special fortunes in our cookies, so here they are:
It is better to get something done late than never.
(Len's already a procrastinator- tee hee.)

Keep your idealism practical.
(Ooh, I really need to apply this to my life. I think the perfectionist I am would be much happier if I could do this.)
You will attend an unusual party.
(This already came true. Kaleb won the "Coolest Kid" at the Guinness World Record party he went to, for sitting on an ice block the longest.)

You have an ambitious nature.
(I would actually describe Noe as having more of a free spirit, but when she sets her mind at something she will accomplish it.)

Someone admires your beauty.
(This one's already true too, his mommy sure thinks he's a cutie!)


You will travel to many exotic places.
(Well, since the kid was born in Taiwan, he probably will get to see many exotic places in his life time.)

The yummy feast- Egg Rolls, Cantonese Chow Mein, Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls, Garlic Spare Ribs, Almond Chicken Guy Ding, Beef with Broccoli, Chicken Fried Rice, Almond Cookies, and Fortune Cookies. This was the Chinese food I was craving for 4 years, but we were missing some dumplings. And we were really missing Taiwan. We're grateful to celebrate Chinese New Year each year though, no matter where we are living.

7 comments:

ryanandginger said...

Jen- Love your shirt. How come they didn't have any that cute whenever I went? All had collars. I found one slightly v-neck but still had a collar. Anyway, cute.

Mandy said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!!

Chandra said...

wow look at you and all of your cute holiday fun!! Your kids must love you!! That's great you carried on the Chinese New Year too.

Becky said...

love the outfits. What a beautiful family!!

Jenn said...

Aw, now i want Chinese food. :P

Delyna said...

Ah, Chicken Balls.... I miss "Canadian" Chinese Food! :)

echoterrysy said...

food looks delicious and kids look so .....cute...-sy