
I am SO excited because this Saturday we are flying out west for 3 weeks to visit our 3 families. We'll be flying in to Vegas for a week, driving to Utah for an overnight stay and family pictures, driving to Idaho for a week, driving to California to go camping for a week, then driving back to Vegas so we can fly home. Yes, we will be busy but we just can't wait to see everyone! (We want to see as many friends as possible too, so let us know if you'll be in town when we are.)
I LOVE music and road trips are the best time to just crank up the tunes, singalong, and pass the merry hours. Our radio is always on in the car. At home this summer, I've also had the satellite radio on through the TV. I've discovered some new favorite songs by these artists: Marina and the Diamonds, Paramore, Neon Trees, Tegan and Sara, Stars, Paper Tongues, just to name a few. I've even caught myself dancing along to Katy Perry and Kesha- shhhh don't tell.
Here's the thing though, we are Luddites. We're not anti-technology we are just SLOW to keep up with everything and so we do not have an I-pod or any MP3 player for that matter. So I just can't download some fun songs and bring them on the trip with us, I have to buy good old-fashioned albums to take with us. Okay, not records but CD's. Anyway, here is where I need your help. What CD's should I buy? Obviously, our kids will be with us, so we don't want anything with bad lyrics, but they like to rock out too, so we are good with any genre. Please let me know your favorites!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
2 comments:
You said you liked some Paramore songs...I have all three of their cd's and love them all. They're all kid friendly, too. I'm also loving a totally folk-y band called Good Old War. Its total hippie, folk music but its so good. You should check them out too. I have two of their cd's and love them.
If you have a computer that can burn CDs, you could get an iTunes account and download specific songs that you like and save yourself quite a bit of money. It's pretty easy to burn a CD from within iTunes, again, if you have a computer that can burn CDs.
There's Halfway Gone by Lifehouse, Move Along by The All-American Rejects, Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars, and Rain by Creed. Of course, if you just want some artists, I like Nickelback, Gavin DeGraw, The Frey, OneRepublic, and Kelly Clarkson.
Sounds like a fun trip.
Post a Comment