Friday, July 30, 2010

Week 5


Gavin and Teague live in Jungle Green! Now all the kids' rooms are done, and the master bedroom is just waiting...

I did these paintings for my 2 little guys too.

This week we had a blast taking care of these 2 cuties.

This was the first week we didn't make it out to the theater, but we did rent Alice in Wonderland. Lewis Carroll and Tim Burton are a good pair, but I think I liked the storyline in the first movie better.

We had a pool party for the young women and young men and began filming for our Stake Film Festival this fall.

I got a new do...

...with chunkier layers and highlights. My hairdresser had fun!

We had lots of fun play, park, and swim dates with the neighbor's, Lamb's, Larson's, Albers', and Martin's. Kaleb also went on a cub scout hike and I started reading my friend Laura's book. You HAVE to finish it Laura, it is great!! We celebrated our one year back in Canada, and I went to the orthopedic specialist. He said my knee caps are mobile (which is not so good), gave me another prescription, and I start physio for them the day after we get back from our vacation. I was a little aggravated though, because I saw him for literally 5 minutes (and paid $40 out of pocket) and he barely looked at my toe- just long enough to say that the joint in it is solid and that physio won't help it. I have a huge "rock" in the ball of my foot below it and a "worn" spot on the tip of it where it hits the ground funny now. I'm hoping to see the doc that actually did my surgery two years ago while I'm in Vegas. Hopefully, he can tell me some specific things to do/tell my physio therapist that can help- ugh!
*Why would this paragraph have a passport picture above it? Well, that leads us to today's story. At 12:30 this afternoon I was getting our passports ready. I knew Len's and the kids expired this year and I wanted to double-check when. I knew they were issued in September, so of course they would expire then, I just didn't know which day. Was I shocked when I saw that they expired on April 1st (no this is NOT an April Fool's joke!). Anyway, I call Len to tell him and he gets a little freaked out to say the least, thinking our vacation will not happen now until we can get them updated, etc. I seriously told him not to lose faith, and said a prayer on the phone with him right then. I then requested prayers from our families, and our prayers were answered. Only 3 hours later we had Leonard's new passport in hand! (We'll just use the kids' birth certificates.) For anyone who has ever worked with bureaucracy, you know this was truly a miracle. Thank you Heavenly Father! We are so excited to head out tomorrow morning to visit with everyone!!

1 comment:

The Hedquists said...

Jen! You are one sassy girl! Love the new 'do! Have a great time with your family. We are now into the one year stretch until we depart Taiwan. Can't believe it. Maybe one day we'll have fun decorating a super cute house like yours!