Even though I tried to stop it, the last week of summer vacation came and went. Before I get to the highlights of the week, I missed a very important highlight from week 9...
...Our new niece, Chloe Ann was born! Congrats to big brother, Conner and to mom & dad, Lacey and Clint!!
I had grand expectations for a week filled with play dates for the kids, but the best entertainment they got this week was...
...lots of time playing on the computer. Oh how they love Poptropica, Webkinz, Club Penguin, I could go on and on. They are quite the little addicts, so we have to have scheduled computer time so they do other stuff too- tee hee.
Ontario is NOT too awesome for me! I am quite fed up with this province actually! We got our van last summer after it sat at customs for a month, so it was just coming up to its one year of registration. However, here it doesn't matter when you registered your vehicle, it always expires on the owner's birthday. Whoops! Len's birthday was back in June and we NEVER received a renewal notice in the mail. I know it is our responsibility to keep on top of all of these dates, but you know how well we do that (passports ring a bell?). So yes, I got pulled over by Mr. Chips and got a big fat $110 ticket- seriously? I wasn't breaking any other law! Argh!!!
We didn't have to buy school supplies in Taiwan, and I thought it would be so fun to do that after we were back in Canada. Well the novelty didn't last long, and this year I just saw it as another chore to do. We had EIGHTEEN different types of items to purchase with multiple quantities of each item needed, BESIDES clothes, shoes, indoor shoes, backpacks, lunch boxes, water bottles, does the list ever end? To also get ready for school we scrubbed the house from top to bottom and Leonard gave father's blessings to each of the children. 
I did get a nice little getaway to Montreal though. I went up to the Temple with my friends Mary, Marsha, and Catherine. I realized it was my third Thursday in a row serving in the Temple. I wish I could keep the weekly tradition up, but it's an 8 hour excursion there and back.

I also got to Book Club that I had missed for a while. My friend lent me The Hunger Games and I read it in 2 days. It's a terrible story actually- to see how horrible a Government can treat its Citizens, but it's so good! I'm now anxiously waiting to read Catching Fire.


No comments:
Post a Comment