Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 8- The Reil's


All 23 of us Reil's camped at the Convict Lake campgrounds near Mammoth Lakes, California.


The lake was beautiful, but I have to admit I was a little sad at first when I saw we were going to be camping in the dirt (literally) on the side of a sage-brush mountain. Can you see our 2 tents there? We ended up having great fun though!


Teague was prepared with his sunscreen and hat.


While Noe loved the cool hairdo the tent gave her.


There was a little creek nearby that the kids and dads swam and fished in. All the moms hung out in a warmer local.


The bathing beauties.


Gavin had the best time getting dirty from head to toe each day.


These 4 are ready to do some fishing up at Emerald Lake.


Hiking up to the lake we passed lots of beautiful waterfalls and wildflowers.


I had Teague strapped on my back, while Len carried a sleeping Gavin on his back, but we made it to the top! The kids couldn't wait to go exploring.

Who wouldn't want to climb up this tree bridge?


Suzi brought all kinds of fun crafts for the kids to do. Here are the girls tying fabric strips on flip-flops. They also painted wooden animals, decoupaged wooden flowers, and Sydney made bracelets for all the kids too!


We went to Convict Lake several times to fish, swim, and even wash our hair- ha ha!


I love that my camera's zoom was able to capture these 3 beautiful smiles. Now I can't remember the joke they were telling- oh darn!


Our kids really are troopers and sure make life fun!


Sweet Caroline is the newest member of the fam and she is just precious!


We hiked out to Hot Creek to take a little dip.


After we got our toes in, we were warned that a Park Ranger was coming and it was a $300 fine to swim in the hot springs. Bummer! So the kids posed for a picture instead.


Steve and Suzi fed us well- Chicken Cheese, Pulled Pork, and of course a Wienie Roast (I enjoyed my first pig-in-a-blanket- thanks Brett!) We also had S'mores everyday.


Ashton and Gavin used the snakes they painted to play telephone- so cute!


I love to watch our family grow and share memories together. I hope we can do it again next year!

No comments: