So last year I wanted to lose 30 pounds. I thought 2010 would be great for new beginnings and I would be turning 35. Well, by the end of the year I had put on 15 pounds (10 pounds after weaning Teague, then another 5 during the holidays)- ugh! Well, I'll still be 35 for most of 2011, so I decided this year I will lose my weight finally. I've been really inspired by my friend, Annick (you're smokin' hot girl!) and asked her what she ate on an average day. I tweaked my diet a bit, so here's what I eat:
Yep, Lean Cuisine is my new best friend (especially the Paninis!). I've lost exactly 10.2 pounds since January 1st, but I suspect it will take me until the end of the month to lose another 10 pounds as the daily weight loss has slowed down from 2 pounds to 1/2 pound each day.
Basically, I eat 4 small meals every 4 hours and keep my daily calories under 1,000.
Breakfast- 1/3 cup raw oats with milk (like cold cereal, the hot oatmeal is too bland)
Lunch- Lean Cuisine
Snack- Glass of V8 juice or another bowl of oats and milk
Dinner- Lean Cuisine
I also drink at least 80 oz of water, but some days I drink 128 oz (yes, that is a whole gallon!)
I try to exercise (so far though I've just bought an exercise bike, but it's not set up yet)
I also try to get 8 hours of sleep a night (but I still have some sleep issues and wake up and stay awake for long periods of time)
It's obviously working, but I am seriously pretty much hungry all day every day! Do I have to starve for the rest of my life to have the body weight I want???
7 comments:
Thats awesome that you are losing so much weight. I bet you look great.
Wow! That's some serious quick weight loss! Hunger is your worst enemy though--make sure you get a lean protein/complex carb combo every few hours (raw almonds and carrots, cup of black bean soup, lean turkey and some apple slices, etc. and eat a big breakfast--add some eggs or egg whites along with your oats. Good job Jen!!!
OK. I will add my comments here. First of all I want to say- way to go, girl!! You see, I am metabolically challenged, it's no secret. I won't go into the reasons I know this except for the fact that is horribly difficult to lose weight but incredibly easy to gain weight. I have the metabolism of a sloth and it's kind of a joke among my friends.... like I will be the last one standing if there was to be a famine. I am at the gym 6 days a week- always have- and I barely maintain my weight.
So my suggestion is you need to bulk up on veggies and salad to fill up your stomach. They add almost no calories and will give you many of the nutrients and fiber that you need to feel full. Also, there really is a difference between toxic hunger and real hunger. Real hunger feels very different, starting in your throat and going into your belly. As your body adjusts you want to feel real hunger.
Anyway, my two unprofessional cents. :) Keep it up!
way to go! I have almost no willpower, though i would like to shed a few pounds myself. You inspire me to try harder!
This morning was the first this year that I didn't lose ANY weight! What? I am SO mad!! I'm not starving myself for nothing- tee hee. Thanks so much for your comments and advice, I will definitely have to adjust my meal plans- ugh!
Jen--good for you!I bet you are lookin great!I suscribed to clean eating magazine that carrie used to lose a lot of weight. they have great low calorie recipies. you can check it out online too. good luck!
Way to go! Steve and I have been doing south beach. I've lost 7lbs hooray! I feel the same way about dieting, but next week I am starting to train for a relay where I will run two 5 mile legs. So good bye dieting, well, kind of, I still have to watch what I eat! argh.......i wish my metabolism was the same as it was in my 20s...I ate soooo much back then.
Post a Comment