This month we have all been sick and it seems like it has snowed every day. I am climbing the walls and anxiously awaiting spring.
My dieting has been going well- 16 pounds down, 28 more to go.
My physio has been going well. I have full range of motion in my left shoulder and the pain is almost gone. The other day my right shoulder started hurting really bad though. I hope it was just a freak incident.
I miss church! The first Sunday of the month I woke up with my eyes swollen and glued shut with pink eye. Some antibiotics and eye drops helped clear that up, but I could taste the eye drops drip down the back of my throat. I've had that happen with nose drops before, but never eye drops and it was so disgusting!
I made it to church the second and third Sundays- hooray!
That week I came down with a fever that lasted for 5 days, so I missed church the fourth Sunday. I had the full-blown body aches and chills with severe sinus congestion. No flu though, so that was a relief!
I was barely recovered from that illness when I fell sick again, and I literally fell! Friday morning I got out of bed to go to the bathroom when my body collapsed. It was just like I had fainted, but I didn't lose consciousness. I just "timbered" and fell face first to the floor. It was painful and really freaky to say the least. Len was there and helped me up and after I got back in bed, I got a severe case of vertigo. Luckily, that day I was finally eligible for OHIP so we went down and got me registered and made an appointment to see the doctor. After he ruled out that I didn't have a heart attack or stroke (thank goodness) he performed the Dix-Hallpike test on me (which was brutal) to confirm that I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). Basically, I'm having a problem with my inner ears that is causing the severe head spinning and nausea. He gave me a prescription to help with the nausea and another prescription for physiotherapy. I already had a physio appointment for that night, so I told my therapist about the BPPV and asked if she knew any treatments for it. She didn't, but fortunately (or unfortunately) there was another therapist there who did. He performed the Epley Maneuver on me and I puked and puked and puked afterwards. It was so not fun and embarrassing and it looks like I am part of the 30% that that doesn't work on as I still had severe vertigo yesterday and it's even worse today, so I am missing church again. Ugh! I go for blood work tomorrow and maybe they can find a way to treat this because I am seriously miserable!
I am so ready for January to be over and I really hope February brings some good health my way!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
1 comment:
Ewwwww, this does not sound like the best way to start off the New Year, except that 16 lbs which is AWESOME!!!!! Good luck with the vertigo.
Post a Comment