Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mirror Lake

 The reason we picked GALR to stay at was for this...
...its own private beach and free use of canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, and life jackets!
 The kids were anxious to spend the day in the sun.
 Rubber ducky gave Noe confidence so she could swim out to both docks.
 Kaleb was a kayak pro by the end of the day!  We were on the west side of the lake, and Kaleb went all the way across to the east side at first.  Soon after he went all the way out to the north and south ends too.
Len grabbed the mini kayak and pushed the 3 little guys around in it. 
 I mean, Teague muscled the watercraft!
 Hiram fits right in with all of us water babies.
 I loved swimming to the docks too, but my favorite was when we all went out in some paddle boats- Kaleb & Noe in one and the rest of us in the other.
 They bring in crushed limestone for the beach and to keep the lake clean.  It's the cleanest lake I have EVER been in.  When I was out treading in deep, dark water I looked down and could see my legs glowing all the way down to my toes.  It was trippy!  However, it wasn't quite like sand to build with- more like uncooked rice.  The kids had fun dumping it in the water and making "milk" though.
 Doesn't Hiram make a cute "Wish you were here" postcard?
When the day was done the big kids all piled in the ginormous tub to rinse off and get warmed up.

No comments: