We had 9 glorious months with Leonard home for parental leave. But alas, all good things must come to an end. Len went back to work in the European division, but this time he is in charge of Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg. His first week back coincided with Belgium's national holiday so he got to go to the Belgian Ambassador's residence for a little reception. I opted out this time, but I did have him drive me through Rockcliffe Park to see the home. I think it's so charming!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
2 comments:
Really? 9 whole months off in a row? Wow!
Yep, 9 whole months- that's one thing we love about socialism, ha ha! Originally he was just going to take 2 months (Hiram was born the end of October and we thought it would be nice for him to take the rest of the year off). However, things have been changing at DFAIT and it was better for him to just take the full 9 months. We didn't argue with that! Now it's so hard having him gone all day, but we are so grateful for his job.
Post a Comment