In the summer I drive Leonard to and from work each day. That way my day at home without him is only 7 1/2 hours long instead of the 11 hours when he rides the bus. I despise driving downtown, but luckily Len's work is around the corner from downtown allowing us to take the more scenic route. I love driving this twice a day. Who knew driving could be a stress relief, ha ha!
We first pass this barn during our short trip on the highway. I love in the summer when it is all covered in ivy.
Next we pass this barn while we're on Montreal Road/St. Joseph Boulevard. The sunflowers just make me smile.
As soon as we get on Rockcliffe Parkway we are greeted by this sea of lovely goldenrod. There are also purple and white blossoms sprinkled throughout.
Yes, I'll drive this curvy road dressed in lush trees anyday!
There are breaks in the trees every now and then giving beautiful glimpses of the Ottawa River. We've seen lots of animals along this road. Not only the horses at the RCMP stables, but also all kinds of wildlife- groundhogs, racoons, deer, foxes, geese, seagulls, and even wild turkeys!
There's a bit under construction right now (Canada only has two seasons- winter & construction, ha ha!) so we've made our own detour. We've discovered Manor Park neighborhood and decided we would love to live there. This house is for sale even. Unfortunately, it's out of our price range at $1.9 million! I guess we'll stay in the 'burbs, but I do enjoy dreaming.
No comments:
Post a Comment