Thursday, May 1, 2014

Housewife vs. Stay-at-Home Mom vs. Homemaker, which do you prefer?

My husband shared this article with me and I wanted to share it here.  (Click on red here).

Here are two of my favorite quotes, "Homemaking is not the same thing as housekeeping. Though it may also include certain mundane but necessary domestic tasks, homemaking, as I envision it, is less about scrubbing toilets and more about that old saying “Home is where the heart is.” Homemaking is about creating and maintaining a healthy and loving environment for everyone in the family—kids, spouses, and the homemaker herself—and fostering your family’s relationship to the wider community."

"A homemaker is a parent who prioritizes the home rather than the house, and the family as a whole, rather than merely the children."

I like her argument to bring back "Homemaker!"

Okay, after watching this video "Director of Operations" isn't bad either.

No comments: