Saturday, May 3, 2014

May Decor (temporary)

I finally got all of the Easter décor taken down and put away.  However, I did not make the stuff I wanted to for our May mantel.  I've been too busy nesting for baby's arrival that the mantel has taken a back burner.  I had visions of purple flowers in honor of Mother's Day and spring finally arriving.  I have purple and lavender rosette balls done and I bought a darker purple crepe paper, but haven't made the last rosette ball yet.  I have a purple subway art about families, but I need to do a flower paper piecing and make a silk flower arrangement- I am dreaming of fluffy hydrangeas.  Some day it will get done, but for now this is just our every day décor.  Since we haven't seen it since before Halloween, it's still a nice change.

I like the dining table wearing her red, but I'd probably have to change it to purple too to match the mantel?!

Our Little People set this month has nothing to do with purple either, but it's the wedding set in honor of our anniversary!

No comments: